Thursday, May 24, 2012


My desire is to be like a Seraphina- the Hebrew word for an angel who is known to be the most powerful servant of God.

What is it to be a servant/follower of Christ?  This is the question that consumes me.  Many evangelists focus on the way to salvation because for many the first step is the hardest.  I accepted Christ when I was very young.  What I have discovered along the way is that being a Christian is much more difficult than believing some precepts.  Yes, it is required, but the exploring and fleshing out of the Christian life is the opening of a Pandora's Box that can be overwhelming. 

To reach a destination, we need to know where we are going.  God created us for a purpose- to serve Him.  As we obey Him and serve Him, He transforms us into a likeness of Christ.  In the Bible, there are many verses that exemplify the kind of people God wants His people to be.  As a married woman, I am particularly attracted to the woman described in Proverbs 31.  This is the ideal woman who is approved by God as an exemplary model of what a women should be  For this reason, this ideal is also what I seek for myself. Yes, a high standard, but Christians have been called to move in the right direction.  This time here is transient; we have an eternity ahead of us.

My starting point, therefore, is my destination: Proverbs 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment